Birth Traumatomology Syndrome™ (BTS™)
What is Birth Traumatomology Syndrome™?
The study and care of individuals, or families, traumatized by fear-inducing practices which lead to the control and manipulation of women and their bodies during pregnancy and childbirth.
1: Trauma syndrome experienced by women who are controlled and manipulated through the fear of death—their own or the baby’s—during pregnancy, labor and childbirth, rendering their experience of pregnancy and birth to be out of the scope of ordinary.
2: Trauma syndrome experienced by others involved who are rendered helpless and ineffective to stop the fear, manipulation and control of the pregnant, laboring, or birthing woman (i.e. husbands, birth doulas, midwives, others)
Help My Counselor Doesn't Understand BTS™
Did you know?
- 1/3 of birthing women have cesarean sections?
- Over 11 million people have negative emotional outcomes from cesareans?
- There are millions more who have other forms of traumatic births?
- Many women traumatized by birth speak the same language as rape survivors?
- 49 other industrialized countries have better outcomes for moms and babies than the U.S....countries like Kuwait and Lebanon?
- Dad's can have BTS™ too?
- Many of these families are looking for counselors who understand BTS™ and can help heal BTS™, and can't find anyone?
- When speaking Dr. Pauline often has to tell people she doesn't know anyone in their area to recommend for counseling?
What Can You Do?
- Understand that BTS™ is very real for many women and their families.
- Learn as much as you can about BTS™.
- Take a training with Dr. Pauline.
- Be the counselor who "gets it".
Who the Heck is Dr. Pauline Anyway
- She is Exec Dir/CEO of Dunamas® Center Ministries in Colorado Springs, CO.
- She was a birth educator and childbirth assistant for 12 years.
- She studied PTSD after cesareans and postpartum mood disorders in graduate school.
- She is one of the nations foremost experts on birthing related trauma and postpartum care needs.
- She is a nationally known speaker on BTS™, birth planning, and setting up a good postpartum care program.
- She is a trainer on BTS™, Please Don't Shoot the Wounded, Discerning Childbirth® training, and many other topics for counselors, pastors, birth professionals, and churches.
For a free download of Symptom Categories of BTS™